The VA08V is a low complexity 16, 32, 64 or 256 state error control decoder
using the maximum likelihood Viterbi algorithm. The decoder is designed for
maximum flexibility, allowing it to decode various communications standards, as
well as custom coding solutions.
- 16, 32, 64 or 256 states (memory m = 4, 5, 6 or 8, constraint lengths 5,
6, 7 or 9) Viterbi decoder
- Up to 392 MHz internal clock
- Up to 39.2 Mbit/s for 16, 32, or 64 states or 11.5 Mbit/s with 256 states
- Rate 1/2, 1/3 or 1/4 (inputs can be punctured for higher rates)
- Optional or standard code polynomials
- 6–bit received signed magnitude data
- Optional block decoding with or without tail
- Estimated channel bit error outputs
- Optional serial or parallel data input
- Optional automatic synchronisation for rate 1/2 QPSK and rate 1/2 to 1/4
- 1100 6-input LUTs. 1 or 2 18KB BlockRAMs.
- Asynchronous logic free design
- Free simulation software
- Available as VHDL core for Xilinx
FPGAs under SignOnce IP License. ASIC, Altera, Lattice and Microsemi
cores available on request.
- Data Sheet 13 Apr 2017 (v1.32)
Specifications subject to change without notice.
Last update 20 Apr 2017. Home